This grade calculator finds what average grade you have on the assignments completed so far and their weight percentage. Below the form you can discover more information on this subject.
How does this grade calculator work?
This is an educational tool designed to help you compute the average grade you have on the assignments completed so far and their weight percentage. The grade calculator will also display what average grade you will need to finish with certain overall grade specified (see question 1 at the bottom of the list) or what overall grade you will have if you get an average grade on the rest of assignments/courses specified (see question 2 at the bottom of the list). You just have to input the data required then the tool will do the math and return you the final grade.
First section you need to complete is mandatory, is the section where you have to input the grade points you obtained on your completed assignments, together with their weight in percentage. In this respect the form has reserved 15 rows for 15 assignments you might want to use to fill in your data. At least one assignment grade and assignment weight should be specified in order for the tool to work. Both the assignment grade and weight should be positive numbers. In order to understand how to fill in the assignment grade and weight here’s a short example.
For instance assignment grade 91, and weight (percent): 34%. Assuming that this assignment would be the only assignment completed so far, the average grade for this assignment will be: (91*34)/100=30.94
The sum of all the weights specified for the assignments you input cannot be grater than 100%.
Second section is the one where you are asked to complete your assumptions and each of the questions is optional. You might leave them blank or may fill them in to get answers.
The formulas that lawyerfree.ru uses are presented below:
- The formula for the average grade on your completed so far assignments(A):
- The formula for the weight in percentage for the completed so far assignments (B):
- The formula for the average grade you will need for an assumed overall average grade you specify (C):
C=[(Q1*100)-(A*B)]/(100-B). Where Q1=the value assumed within question 1.
- The formula for the weight of the remaining assignments (D):
- The formula for the overall average grade you might get by assuming an average grade on the rest of the assignments (E):
E=[(A*B)+(Q2*D)]/100. Where Q2= the value assumed within question 2.
- If only section 1 is completed, the result returned is:
-Average grade on the assignments completed so far: (A).
-The weight in percentage for the assignments completed so far is: (B)%.
- In case the user completes data in section 1 plus question 1 from the section 2, the Grade Calculator will return:
- Answers from formula A and B plus:
-To end up with an overall average grade of …. the average grade you will need on the rest of the assignments is: (C).
-The rest of the assignments you have to complete have a weight in percentage of: (D)%.
- If all fields are completed, the result will comprise of
- Answers A, B%, C, D plus
-By obtaining an average grade of … on the rest of the assignments, your overall average grade will be: (E).26 Mar, 2015