This weight loss calculator can estimate how much weight you can lose in a certain time or determine when you’ve lost it by entering caloric intake reduction. Read more on the functions of this tool below the form.
How does this weight loss calculator function?
This is a comprising weight loss tool that can help you both determine your weight loss plan if you know how much you want to lose and in what period of time and determine when you are going to accomplish your goal if you set a caloric intake you can reduce. Not only you will be given this information but you will also be advised and given explanation in case your goals are unhealthy. You can also find out how many calories you can safely have in order to maintain your current weight if you prefer to do so. There are two tabs in lawyerfree.ru, one concerning the weight loss while the other returns you the percentage from the difference between your initial and current weight.
- "Find Weight Loss Plan" tab allows to simulate a plan either by specifying how much time do you have to lose a certain level of weight OR by specifying how many calories you are ready to reduce from your daily calorie intake. So depending on your weight loss goals the weight loss calculator requires you to input the following data:
- your gender;
- your age;
- your height;
- your current weight;
- your daily activity level;
- Weight loss goals presented in the field named “How much weight you wish to lose?”
- The options you have to lose weight as follows:
a) First option: How much time do you have? By this option you can specify how much time in days can you keep your weight loss plan. By this option you will becalculated your required daily calorie intake;
b) Second option: How many calories are you ready to reduce? By this option you can specify how many calories are you ready to reduce from your daily calorie intake in order to lose weight. By this option you will be calculatedthe approx. date when you will achieve your weight loss goal. Please note that you should choose one of the two options in order to calculate your weight loss plan.
Let’s take for instance the case of a female, aged 30, with a height of 5ft 6in weighing 126lbs. She would like to lose 10lbs over 15 days. Is this a healthy goal?
Warning: your goal requires you to lose 5 pounds per week. This implies a high risk for your health and is not recommended!
Warning: your goal requires you to lose 2,333 calories per day, which means you are supposed to intake only -688 calories daily. This implies a high risk for your health and is not recommended!
Your goal is to lose 10 pounds for 15 days;
To maintain your current weight, your safe daily calories intake is around 1,645 calories;
To reach your goal, you will need to reduce your daily calories intake with 2,333 calories, which means to get -688 calories daily.
- "Find Weight Loss Percent" tab requires you to input only the “Initial Weight” and “Current Weight”. If the initial weight is greater than the current weight it will return the percentage of weight loss. If the initial weight is smaller than the current weight it will return the percentage of weight gain. If the initial weight is equal to current weight it will return that the weight kept over time at the same level.
Example calculation: Let’s take for instance the initial weight of 146 lbs and the current weight of 123 lbs. This means there is a percentage of 15.75%.
Please remember that this is not intended to be 100% accurate and should NOT be considered as a substitute for any medical professional advice.
1) Tomiyama AJ, Ahlstrom B, Mann T. (2013) Social and Personality Psychology Compass; 7(12): 861-877.
2) Asher RC, Burrows TL, Collins CE. (2013) . Nutrition and Dietetics; 70(2): 101-112.09 Jan, 2015