This waist to hip ratio calculator figures the body shape ratio based on your waist and hip measures and reveals if this is a healthy one. You can read more on this subject below the form.
How does the waist to hip ratio calculator work?
This body shape tool estimates the waist to hip ratio according to the waist size and hip size both expressed in the same measurement unit. The waist to hip ratio is an indicator obtained by dividing the circumference of the waist to that of the hips and it is often used to determine if somebody has abdominal obesity. You can input either sizes in English or metric measurements and lawyerfree.ru will do its work.
The Waist to Hip Ratio takes account of the waist size and hip size both expressed in the same measurement units. The waist should be measured at its narrowest point, while hip should be measured at its widest point.
The formula behind its algorithm is simple: Waist to hip ratio = Waist Size/Hip Size.
This is a measure often searched by people because it might be considered as an indicator of attractiveness.
- Using the English tab, in case of a female, waist- 41 in and hip 50. Results a waist to hip ratio of 0.820.
- Using the Metric tab, in case of a male, waist- 94 cm and hip 86 cm. Results a waist to hip ratio of 1.093.
* In practice, for a male, a waist to hip ratio above 0.90 might indicate abdominal obesity.
* In practice for a female, a waist to hip ratio above 0.85 might indicate abdominal obesity.
Real waist measurements
1. The ideal size for women is less than 32 in (80 cm), anything between 32 to 35 in (80 - 88 cm) is considered high and all above this is very high.
2. The ideal size for men is less than 37 in (94 cm), anything between 37 to 40 in (94 - 102 cm) is considered high and all above this is very high.
1) World Health Organization. (2011) . Geneva World Health Organization: 1-39.
2) Singh D. (1993) . Human Nature‚ 4‚ 297-321.09 Apr, 2014 | 0 comments