The second week in June 2015 covered five very interesting health tools on subjects from emergency treatment for burns, calcium correction to scoring indicators in liver disease that are becoming increasingly popular nowadays and can provide quick indication of liver damage in several conditions.
New health calculators published in week starting June 8th 2015
Parkland formula calculator for burns
- calculates how much fluid needs to be administered after burning incident;
- determines fluid requirement at emergency level, in 8h and in 24h;
- based on patient weight and percentage of body burned according to the Wallace rule of nines.
Go to the Parkland formula calculator for burns!
Fibrosis 4 FIB4 score calculator
- new determinant of significant fibrosis of the liver;
- employs age, AST, ALT and platelet count as measurements;
- used for conditions like NASH, HCV mainly but also with other fibrosis causes.
Go to the Fibrosis 4 FIB4 score calculator!
Child Pugh score calculator
- a simple questionnaire comprising of five questions each with it’s own system of points;
- assesses hepatic encephalopathy degree, ascites existence, bilirubin, albumin and INR;
- the result is a score for the prognosis of liver disease based on the Child- Turcotte- Pugh method.
Go to the Child Pugh score calculator!
AST to platelet ratio index APRI calculator
- APRI method that combines aspartate aminotransferase levels with the platelet count in order to check for cirrhosis signs and advanced liver damage signs;
- A great non invasive method before liver biopsy with a sensivity of over 76% at certain values.
Go to the AST to platelet ratio index APRI calculator!
Calcium correction for hypoalbuminemia calculator
- states the corrected serum calcium level and is used in cases when serum albumin is not in the normal range so it is of relevance in hypoalbuminemia;
- you can choose from two different tabs with the different used measurement units so there is no problem if you have the serum calcium in either mmol/L or mg/dL;
- in the text below lawyerfree.ru you can find info on the formulas employed, some examples and the implications of this correction in hypoalbuminemia.